Monday, June 2, 2008

Better Late Than Never

Saturday I played in an all-day volleyball tournament in the grass. It was almost all A and open level players and was some good competition. Of course there were some rec ball level teams that were registered and shouldn't have been, but we still had fun. We won our pool and then one our first round match of tournament play. Then we went 3 games with the team that beat us out to go to the championship match and they later won it quickly in two games. We played for 3rd place, went all 3 games, and won. So we got our money back plus $5 each. That was nice! :) It was 75 and sunny out the whole day and the tan looks good again. The drive home was about 35 minutes and I was already sore by the time I got home. My traps, forearms and fingers hurt from setting for the first time in over 6 weeks. My delts and lats hurt from swinging for longer than one hour in over 6 weeks. My legs hurt from jumping. I had cuts all over me from diving in the grass. I had bruises from running into teammates. My right ankle hurt because that was the longest I played on it in ages and it is still messed up from dislocating it 2 summers ago. Finally my left knee hurt just because it always hurts. Oh, my lower back as well...it always hurts also. Then of course when I woke up on Sunday morning all the other muscles that didn't hurt Saturday night also hurt:)

Despite my pain, I still got up Sunday morning and went to the gym. I did chest and back as well as 25 minutes of cardio and felt good afterwards. I still pushed myself as hard as I always do, even with the soreness...but I didn't overdo it because I was worried about pulling or straining something. Jon and I rode around in the car for 4 hours afterwards looking at houses. Then my butt was sore from sitting for so long! :)

Last night I went to bed early but tossed and turned all night long. I kept waking up with my hair completely drenched and the rest of me sweaty even though it was nice and cool in my room. When my alarm went off at 4:20 this morning, I had finally truly fallen asleep so I reset it to just go in at the normal time. Well then I fell asleep and then started tossing and turning again. So I sent my boss an email telling him I was going back to bed for another hour, would then hit the gym and then come in. So I got to the gym about 8am, had a great leg workout, took my time showering, and got here at 10am. I didn't do cardio because I have two volleyball matches tonight after work.

Tomorrow I'm going to have to get my butt up in the morning because we are going to the Brewers game after work. No skipping workouts..that's all there is to it! The best part is is that Jon actually got up and went to the gym this morning. I'm so proud!!

One of my contest dates was finally announced. It's the weekend before Turkey Day so that'll be interesting. I got an email from the other coordinator for the first contest I want to do and it now looks like it will be November 1 instead of October 18. But that's good because I can start dieting a little later in the summer and be sane a bit longer...and that puts the contests 3 weekends apart.

Go Brewers!

No comments: