Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sample Diet

Some gals interested in competing have been asking what my diet was to prepare for the show. I've attached an excel document to this post to show how I started getting ready. I altered this diet to the changes my body made and my tastes. I mostly consumed sweet potatoes and plain oatmeal as my carbs (and of course lots of green veggies). I also actually did more of a carb-cycle with a 3-day cycle. Day 1 - higher carbs (and this is to say that I got both a sweet potatoe and oatmeal). Day 2 - medium to low carbs (got either a sweet potatoe OR oatmeal...not both). Day 3 - low to no carbs (just green veggies). When I started 'dieting' about 10-11 weeks out I was 163 and on the day before the show when I weighed in I was 140.

The next time around I plan to start at 18-weeks out as I have made the decision to compete a lot sooner than I did last time. Last time I made the decision at just 11 weeks out so it was a lot harder diet. But know that it can be done!!!

As for my current training. I'm on an off-week from my first 6-week split. So it's straight cardio/plyos/sprints this week and nothing too major so the bod can recover. I start with my next 6-week split next week and I'm looking forward to it. 6 more weeks of building and then it's back to maintenance for 12 weeks. I've put on a few more pounds in the last 3 weeks but I feel confident that it is muscle and not fat as I look about the same as I did 3-4 weeks ago.

I finished up bedazzling my next 2-piece suit for my next contest and it looks great...not on me, though! I put it on and took some pictures and boy do I feel as I have a way to go to get into contest shape. Not that it's THAT bad, but it's not great. Then again, it's still a lot better than it was before I started to get back into this competing lifestyle again!

By-the-way, I've finally gotten rid of my stalker! Yippee! He can go stalk someone else now!

No comments: