Monday, June 30, 2008

Another week!

It's Monday again. As per usual, it started off as a typical Monday. I got up at 4:30 so I could be at the gym by 5:00am. (I get into work normally around 6:30/45am so I can get out earlier.) As I'm getting out of my car at the gym I realize I forgot my bath bag. I figured I'd be okay because my gym bag usually has extra stuff...just in case. Well, while I'm doing back/bis I realize that I have my non-traditional gym bag because I'd left mine at a cookout on Saturday. So I had nothing in my bag but a towel and work clothes. So instead of doing cardio as well, I had to go home after finishing weights to shower and change. Now I'll have to go back after work to do cardio. Going after work isn't the big deal, but I have volleyball at 6pm and since I run the league and have the nets, I have to be there about 5:30/40 at the very latest. So it'll be a quick cardio session. There goes my effort at getting up early!

At least the day has gone well and I had no other mishaps...at least not yet! I've been super busy at work and feel like I don't know up from down right now. Then again, that could be due to the fact that I had my first SCUBA class in water on Sunday. By-the-way, I'm so excited to be doing the SCUBA certification. I was intimidated while reading my books and watching the videos prior to going to my first class, but it's great!

I just found out yoga is cancelled for this week which really sucks. I missed it last week because of a funeral and the week before because of a meeting. Bummer! I really needed it this week.
Anyway, as for my workouts, they are going great and I'm definitely making gains. I'm maintaining a good weight and happy with that. I'm cleaning my diet right now and doing well with that. I'm just under 16 weeks out from my next contest so I'll start my true diet at week 12 (July 17). It will kind of suck for some events I have planned the rest of the summer and this fall, but it's my choice and I need to deal with it.

OK, back to work!

No comments: