Monday, June 23, 2008

If I only didn't have to work...

...I could then be at the gym all the time and any time I wanted. Since I don't play the lottery and don't have any rich relatives, I don't see that happening anytime soon. What's funny is how when I'm gearing up for a contest (stressed, excited, etc.) and on a low-carb diet, I don't sleep the best so it's easy to get up in the morning and hit the gym. But when I'm on much higher carbs to include some sugars I sleep so much better and rarely get my butt out of bed to hit the gym and then have to go after work. Come August 1 though, watch out!

I'm still a bit sore from my first week back after a one-week break from weights. It's the first time I've been sore from lifting in like 4 or 5 months. OK, not completely true. I've had slight soreness in that time but it has always passed quickly enough that I hadn't noticed it. This new 6-week split is definitely much more strength building than the last few have been. I sure hope I fed my muscles enough this last week that I made some good gains.

Today I have chest and tris again and volleyball for 2 hours after that. I'm looking forward to my gym workout. I'm kind of looking forward to volleyball but I'm already getting sick of the 'schedule.' It's nice that it's the same time and place every week and that we play 2 matches each week otherwise it wouldn't be worth going. The luster of volleyball is starting to fizzle. I guess that can be considered normal since I've played consistently since I was in 5th grade. But yeah, I'm pretty much sick of it. And after playing in one tournament the weekend after Memorial Day, I have no others scheduled for the entire summer. I was supposed to play in one next weekend but that is the only day I can get my SCUBA certificaiton so I'm doing that instead.

OK, I'm so super busy at work so I shouldn't even be writing this blog right now.

Best in training!

No comments: