Sunday, June 8, 2008

And yet another rainy day

I really wanted to get out and ride my bike this weekend but not only was it rainy and stormy, but when it wasn't the wind was blowing so hard. Jon and I also wanted to hit some golf balls because he's got a golf tournament coming up, but with the wind and rain that was pretty much out of the question. So needless to say we didn't end up doing too much this weekend. Granted, it is only 10:20am on Sunday right now, but the radar is showing storms coming through all day. Oh well!

Yesterday I did a cardio/plyo/cardio workout. I first did 20 minutes on the elliptical then did 35 minutes of plyos (holy cow!) and finished it off with a 20 minute brisk walk on the treadmill. I was smoked by the time I was finished. I highly recommend adding something like this into your workout, even if you don't play sports. I partially do plyos to keep my legs strong to jump in volleyball, but I also need some other cross-training to keep the body guessing.

This morning Jon and I went out for breakfast. I had 2 egg whites but then ordered pancakes as well. The place didn't have any wheat pancakes or healthier syrup so I just splurged. 2 pancakes at those cafe' places are really like 4 pancakes anywhere else. So, needless to say I was full...but I didn't really feel guilty. In fact, I am supposed to have the day off completely and I'm going to stick with that!!

Tomorrow I'm going to hit the gym in the morning before work and we are 'supposed' to have volleyball tomorrow night. It's is technically supposed to rain/storm until about 4pm tomorrow and ball starts at 6. We really need to play tomorrow because we had to cancel last week. Cross your fingers! But even if it isn't raining the ground is still going to be slick. That can be dangerous when you are running and jumping in grass. Inevitably someone always slips. I wear golf cleats when I play.

OK, I should go. Time to switch the laundry and get some other cleaning done. I also need to finish up the last of the rhinestones on my 2-piece suit. I also found 2 one-piece suits that are used that I think I will get at least one.

No comments: