Tuesday, June 10, 2008

At least it stopped raining for awhile

It stopped raining long enough for us to get our volleyball matches in last week. My team kind of fell apart though. We won the first game of each match but blew big leads for the 2nd and 3rd games of each. It's frustrating but I guess that's life. We definitely weren't on our games. I think the biggest surprise is that even though the rain had stopped that the grounds weren't flooded. There is so much flooding here that we thought we would have to call the games. Luckily a gal that plays in my league was kind enough to go over early to make sure the courts were okay (the park is her backyard). Running the league isn't easy when you live on the opposite side of town. Maybe I'll convince someone else to take over next year;) I doubt it though!

I guess with all the flooding the locker rooms at my gym are closed. Today I won't need them as I'll just change here at work on the way there...but tomorrow morning I would need to shower there so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I hate to go to the gym in the morning and then have to go all the way home to shower and change. But rumor has it they may be open again on Wednesday. I guess we'll see.

My computer is running extremely slow here at work. I'm also having an issue with my excel documents. I don't know much about visual basic, but ever since I saved a document that was sent from me from much higher in the company, I keep getting a visual basic error on all my excel documents. Slightly frustrating!!

Today I have legs and cardio at the gym. Thursday ends my first 6-week split. Friday I'll do a circuit at the gym and then start up my next 6-week split late next week. My gym workouts are going well and I'm definitely making gains in weight. I've put on a few more pounds then where I thought I'd be at this time, but I really think it's lean muscle because my bodyfat has not increased that I can tell and I'm eating well. Also, I've been making a huge effort to drink at least 1 gallon of water a day. I actually have a gallon jug here at work now so I get a gallon in, plus whatever other water I drink during the day. So some of the extra weight could definitely be a bit of water weight as I feel a little puffy.

OK, time to look into this computer issue. I also have a ton of stuff I have to get done here at work since I'll be in a project management class all day Wed and Thurs and have the day off on Friday.

Best in training!

No comments: