Monday, May 19, 2008

Rolling, rolling, rolling

My stomach is rolling from the barium sulfate that you have to drink for a CAT Scan. Boy was that a fun experience. Go there an hour before your appointment to drink some fun stuff and then the actual scan takes 10 minutes. Fun! At least I'm done with it. But the results won't be read until Wednesday or so. So now I have to sit and wait for that. I'm too impatient of a person for this kind of thing. I guess what is funniest is that I feel fine. Hopefully my insides feel the same way and the results will come back saying there is nothing wrong with me. Well, there's a lot 'wrong' with me, but not in the physically sick sense.

Today is the first night of my women's grass 4's league. Hopefully the rain holds off. I run the league and hate to have to worry about scheduling rain make-ups...it's such a pain. I am only committing to one tournament this summer, possibly two and one league. The reasons for this is 1) don't want to get hurt and 2) tend to skip gym workouts by justifying volleyball as one. Volleyball is generally a good cardio workout (I play in the high power leagues and at a AA level) but I shouldn't be skipping weight workouts for it. With just one league a night a week, I can better plan my workouts at the gym than I could with 2-4 leagues a week. It was starting to get crazy last summer.

So today I have a hill run and 2 hours of volleyball. Tomorrow I have legs and 30 minutes cardio and Wednesday I have shoulders/bis/tris and 40 minutes of cardio. Then legs again on Thursday and 'rest' the rest of the weekend. But it's not really rest as we're going up to the Porcupine Mountains for hiking. We're really looking forward to it. And I'm proud of Jon because he's planning this one all on his own. I usually do much of the planning but I'm leaving almost all of it up to him. I pretty much just have to pack my clothes...and protein bars! :) I'm planning to puch myself on the trails this weekend and maybe get some yoga and other strength activities in.

I am finally going to get dive certified this summer. One of Jon's really close friends (well, a close friend of mine now as well) is a SCUBA instructor so he's holding a course for some of us in June. Jon and his friends like to travel and go on dive trips so I'd like to join in on the diving part as well...though I'm totally afraid of what is IN the ocean. Unfound fear, but it's there. Also, this same friend is a photographer and author. He just published his first historical fiction novel titled West Across the Board. You should check it out. It's not only a great read and really touching story, but it's a fast read. So, for those that don't like to read as much as others, it moves fast. His name is Andrew Jalbert. You should look him up.

OK, that's about it for now. Cross your fingers that volleyball goes off without a hitch tonight!

No comments: