Thursday, May 15, 2008

Got out of bed...

I did it. I dragged myself out of bed this morning even though it was tough. My sleep patterns are back to normal where I’m finally sleeping through the night again, so it’s always hard to get myself up. Also, since I don’t have a contest for another 5 months, there is less motivation to do so that early in the morning. But my alarm went off at 4:30am and I was out doing speed work by 4:50. I was originally supposed to do this at lunch so I didn’t have to get out of bed at all, but I’m meeting my mom for lunch today so I had to rearrange my schedule. I have legs and a 35-min cardio session after work but then I’m going to go watch Jon’s vball game after so I wouldn’t have had time for the speed work after that either. So I did it!

The Brewers blew a 4-2 lead when we left the stadium last night after the seventh inning. The final score was Brewers-4, Dodgers-6. This time it wasn’t Gagne’ blowing the save, it was Mota. Can we catch a break with our bullpen? It’s so frustrating. And I have to check up on one of our bullpen pitchers (Riske) today because he left with an injured ulna. When we attend week night games we usually leave in the 7th or 8th inning…especially if they are winning. Generally by that time it’s already like 9pm or so and we have an hour to hour and 15 minute ride back home. We can also listen to the rest of the game. But I’d much rather listen to the game that is being won by my team than lost by my team. What do you do?

Yesterday was a hill run and Yoga. I mentioned yesterday that I was feeling guilty because I was supposed to do the hill run in the morning that I didn’t get out of bed for and wouldn’t have time for it after work because of the Brewers game. Well, I snuck out of Yoga 5 minutes early and decided to take a bit of a longer lunch. There’s a huge hill back behind our work and since I had gym clothes, I went and did my hill run right after Yoga. So, I got in what I was supposed to and didn’t feel as guilty as I had in the morning.

A note on my speed/agility/fartlick work and hill runs. At this point in my training I was only technically supposed to be doing these 1 to 2 days per week. I’m doing them more like 2 to 4 days per week right now. Part of the reason is because it’s better to be working out when bored than eating. Seriously, it helps! If I’m feeling the need to binge at home, I throw on my tennis shoes and go do the hill just down the street from my place. Next is because I want to look good this summer in a bikini. Finally, they really help me keep my legs lean and hard and make me feel good. I only do them for about 10-15 minutes at a time. What is my definition of a hill run? A hill run is basically just a killer hill that I run up hard and walk down. I do that for 10-15 minutes. Sprint work and/or agility/fartlicks are variables of 50/75/100 meters. For sprints, it is just an all out sprint. I sprint the length, walk the curves. For agility/fartlicks I do shuffles, grapevine, running backwards, skips, etc. Boy, they sure work!

Like I said before, I have legs today so I’ll post my leg workout in my blog tomorrow. Tomorrow’s leg workout is my lighter leg day of my 2-a-week leg workouts. I have tomorrow off (my 4-day week). I plan on sleeping in just a bit. I have to remember to take my measurements and bodyfat before hitting the gym tomorrow. I’ll probably have time to record both my leg workout today and chest/back workout tomorrow in my blog. I have a ton of laundry to do because I’ve been neglecting it. I need to go to the hospital to visit a friend of the family. Jon and I are heading up to the cabin after he gets done tomorrow to get our gear for our hiking/camping trip to the Porcupine Mountains over Memorial Day weekend. And then on Saturday night we are meeting some friends for dinner and a concert. Hopefully a large group of our friends that all went to Key West together will be able to join in. We joke that we all had to go to Key West to see each other even though we all live in the same city. Too funny! Anyway, it’s gonna be a busy weekend…as per usual!

No comments: