Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good weather ahead

I think we are finally going to be getting our much needed warm weather here in the next few days. It’s supposed to be in the low-70s tomorrow (which is good because I’m taking the day off and going to the Brewers game) and in the high 70s this weekend (which is also good because I’m playing in a volleyball tournament on Saturday). Speaking of playing volleyball all day on Saturday…I am going to be so sore afterwards. I haven’t played in a tournament in probably 4-5 months…maybe longer. I’m already dreading how I’m going to feel on Sunday.

I had a good, but quick, chest and back workout yesterday. I only had an hour and 15 to do chest/back and cardio. I was originally planning on doing 4 groups of exercises but only got in 3. But I did wake up sore this morning so I must have done those 3 exercises well. I wanted to get in 20 minutes of cardio at the end but could only get in 15 because I was running late. I was meeting a girlfriend for sushi at 5:45. Of course, I get there at 5:40 and she doesn’t show till 5:55 so I probably could have gotten in that last 5 needed minutes. Oh well. Anyway, my workout consisted of the following:

Group 1 - 5 sets (12, 10, 8, 6, 4)
-Bench Press
-Assisted Pull ups (I’m almost doing my own bodyweight for 4!)
-Reverse crunches
Group 2 - 5 sets (12, 10, 8, 6, 4)
-DB Incline Bench
-1-arm DB row
-Weighted Side Bends
Group 3 - 5 sets (12, 10, 8, 6, 4)
-DB Flies
-Lat Pull Down
-Weighted Sit-ups

Unfortunately the weird guy still just doesn’t get the hint. Today if he tries to talk to me I’m going to have to tell him again that I don’t come to the gym to have conversations. There is only so much time in the day and I don’t want to be spending 3 hours in the gym if I don’t have to. What a weirdo. He does the same 2 workouts every other day as well. It’s just strange. There are just so many weird people there! Augh!

Today I have a leg workout, tomorrow is shoulders/bis/tris, and Friday is legs again. I have meetings all day today so I’m looking forward to Yoga at lunch and my workout after work already. Also, Jon and I are going to look at some more houses tonight. Should be fun.

Oh, I’m buying a new bike. I had a great hybrid triathlon bike that was a $2,000 bike. I sold it last summer because I hadn’t ridden in like 4 years and wasn’t doing triathlons anymore. Well, I decided I wanted to add some other cross-training in to my workout and that riding to work 1 or 2 days a week would be a great idea…so obviously I need a new bike. Darnit! But I found a few on Craig’s List that I’m going to look at this week. The other bonus of riding to work a couple of days a week is saving on gas. I just can’t afford even going to work anymore!

No comments: