Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Nice weekend...back to the grind

Jon and I had a nice weekend camping and hiking up in the Porcupine Mountains. I got Yoga in on both Saturday and Sunday mornings and we did a 5 mile hike on Saturday, a 3 mile hike on Sunday and a mile hike on Monday. We didn’t end up hiking as much as we initially planned. I stupidly wore hiking shoes that I hadn’t hiked with in over 3 years and so I had blisters on my heals. Jon started having a problem with his lower back as well. So we were two broken individuals. But we had a nice time camping, etc. The waterfalls up there were just beautiful and Jon got some great pictures.

Unfortunately I ate terribly this weekend. I even made an effort to bring healthy stuff but ate the snacks and junk he packed for himself. I could have just kicked myself. Also, I ate more than I needed. I just have to stop doing that. Luckily I did good yesterday and so far today. When I got home last night after unpacking and doing laundry I cooked food for the next 2 days. I have to remind myself that I can have 2,500-3,000 calories in food…as long as it’s healthy food and not junk.

I’m looking forward to getting back into the gym today. I have chest and back today with 45 minutes of cardio. I’m going to do 30 of that at lunch today and the other 15 after my weight workout after work. I’m meeting some girlfriends for sushi tonight so I have to be out of the gym quickly today.

The 2 contests that I want to do are still not posted yet. It’s driving me bonkers. I want to be able to put hard dates on the calendar. Oh well, what do you do I guess?

No comments: