Monday, April 27, 2009

I think I've 'figured' it out!

Hi Everyone,
Well, another contest come and gone. I cannot believe I've finished my 2nd contest of the year already. It seems just yesterday I was starting my pre-contest diet and here I sit retaining water and in sugar-shock from all the bad foods I've eaten the past 2 days! Luckily I'm already cleaning up the diet and ready to take a full year off to hopefully make some great gains to a better me for 2010!

I competed this past Saturday in the 2009 INBF Wisconsin Natural Bodybuilding & Figure Championships held in Madison, WI. It's hosted by Ford's Gym and is always a great show! The figure division had 21 competitors and I was in the tall class. The tall class had the toughest competition by far. I came in better conditioned and with more muscle mass than before and truly felt that I rocked the stage with both my posing and t-walk. I ended up placing 2nd to a VERY tall woman who was also a LOT skinnier than I. I am lean, but not skinny as I have plenty 'o muscle mass. At first I was disappointed. But today I received a very lengthy email from one of the judges saying that I have nothing to be ashamed of and that my placing had nothing to do with the shape that I was in. She said that, in fact, I was almost too conditioned in muscle tone, etc. She said that the judges all agree that my muscle definition would be 'wasted' in figure and that the Ms. Fit Body division is much better suited for me. She said that she knows if I work hard at it that I'll definitely be on that pro stage after the spring of 2010! So that was all good to hear.

So, I will be working with my coach this week on my training plan for the next year. We will be splitting up my training sessions into 8-week periodized sessions. I will be trying to add even a bit more lean muscle mass and do a few trial contest preps throughout the year to see how my body reacts to different 'diets.' I've been doing mostly keto for the past 2 shows but we are going to try a more steady carb diet once, another keto, and then do some fake contest preps where we do different kinds of water manipulation.

I have to thank Tight Curves again for sponsoring me in my contest prep. I couldn't have done it without it! I also would like to thank Siouxcountry.com. It's a great community for female competitors. If you are one or enjoy just watching the sport, log on and check it out.

Finally, thanks to Jon, my one and only!!! Thanks to my coach, Mike. My sister Victoria. My figure friend, Amber. My family and friends. My two gyms: Anytime Fitness and Supreme Health and Fitness. My friend, Shana, for allowing me the use of yet another one of her posing suits. My friend Kristin for my make-up. And to Brenda Rahe...for being such an inspiration and great human being!

No comments: