Sunday, April 19, 2009

Just pushing through!

Well, had a good weekend of training...the eating wasn't the greatest yesterday, unfortunately. I should have stayed home instead of going to that not-such-a-surprise birthday party. I had no will-power for once. I'm normally great. But I'm back on track today and feeling good. Just 6 days to go. Just have to stay on point all week and I'll be fine.

Jon (my boyfriend) and I did a mini-photo shoot this AM at the gym. He's really just learning his cameras and lighting, so we can't call it a full-fledged shoot...well, at least he won't let me. Of course I have a big pimple right underneath my nose so hopefully it doesn't stand out too much in the shots. Thankfully he can photoshop it out of need be. :) LOL!

Anyway, this AM I had 45 minutes of quads and calves and 30 minutes of steady-state cardio on the elliptical. I head back to the gym later today to do 20 minutes of intervals on the stepmill to probably make myself puke. :) Yesterday another figure girlfriend and I took a bodypump class. That was a first...I'm definitely a bit sore...no musclar endurance anymore as I've been lifting in the 6-8 rep range mostly. Both of us were smoked!

I'm looking forward to peak week this week. I cannot wait to get on stage! I'm looking forward to painting my nails. The reason I say this is they look great! I won't even need press-ons! I use the Tight Curves fat burner called Top Secret. It's seriously great and I think it, along with the Tight Curves multi-vitamin, has really made my nails and hair grow better. I only take the fat burner during contest prep and my nails are growing even better now. They were growing well off-season with just the multi-vitamin, too. I also have to attribute it to the Tight Curves Vanilla Bean protein as it's soy based. I mix it with a 1/2-scoop of the Body Fortress Vanilla Whey.

OK, that's about it for now. Time to go watch some baseball. Go Brewers!! (They need a LOT of cheering right now.)

Hopefully I'll get some pictures posted soon!

No comments: